To begin the referral process, please send the following to the admissions office:
- Recent educational testing, including a cognitive assessment and academic achievement testing.
- Pertinent school records, i.e., current IEP.
- A psychological evaluation or neuro- psychological evaluation.
- Hospitalization discharge reports, if any.
- If the student is an appropriate candidate, after reviewing the referral information and speaking with professionals, a member of our admissions team will contact you to arrange a parent visit and interview. Note: it is important that both parents are actively involved in treatment planning process.
- After review of parent visit.
- Determination of referral must be defined with respect to 3rd party, educational, and/or private placement.
- If appropriate, a student interview is scheduled. Note: this is an important step in the admissions process.
- A half day or full day visit will be scheduled.
- There will be a parent notification, after a review of the student’s visit, as to the following steps.
a. If the student is an appropriate candidate, parents will receive confirmation of a diagnostic placement.
b. A service plan or placement team meeting will be scheduled with all applicable parties (i.e., school district, parents, and TLC staff) to discuss and plan the 40 day diagnostic period.
- A letter of agreement regarding contractual responsibility is necessary. It is our practice to receive a payment schedule upon admission.
It is important these steps be followed in sequence in order for us to provide a family an effective admission process.