News and Events
2019-2020 School Closing Policy – Inclement Weather
School Closing Policy—Inclement Weather (Revised 10-21-19)
- If a child’s sending school district closes and TLC is still open, he or she may still come to TLC if there is alternative transportation (e.g., parents). If not, then this will count as an excused absence.
- If Brooklyn Public Schools close, TLC will also close. This day will be made up either at the end of the school year or during other scheduled non-school days (e.g., spring vacation).
- If the child’s school district has a delayed opening, he or she will also have a delayed attendance unless there is alternative transportation (e.g., parents).
- If Brooklyn Public Schools have a delayed opening, TLC will also have a delayed opening. Bus companies are responsible to determine the drop off time for students.
- In the event of early dismissal by TLC due to inclement weather, a child’s bus company will be required to adjust their pick-up time for their TLC student.
- If the bus company calls an early dismissal, then they may pick-up the TLC student at that determined time. The bus company is responsible for notifying parents of an early dismissal due to inclement weather.
- TLC will be listed as “TLC Rolling Ridge Country Day School” for closures, delays, or early dismissals. Please refer to WFSB (Channel 3) or NBC Connecticut (West Hartford) for school closings, delays, or dismissals. You may register for notifications via the websites for WFSB and NBC Connecticut.
For inquiries regarding the TLC School Closing Policy for Inclement Weather, please contact
Dr. Rob LeGary Jr., Head of School, at (860) 774-5619.